Monday 18 June 2012

Aladdinsane!

David Bowie Tribute...

So I went to a David Bowie Tribute on Saturday, it was amazing!

When my friend asked if I wanted to go, I didn't even have to hesitate, I was on that!

So I went round her house before hand and we got ready, including the DB Bolt on our faces. When we got there the people inside the venue and outside the venue were looking at us. When we got to the door we got told '10 outta 10 for effort girls!' This just got us more excited, so we go into the venue, The Square in Harlow, and we get our drink and have a little dance to the pre-gig music that was on the screens.

The the band comes on, all in delightfully sparkly tops and David Bowie-esk trousers on, then the lights go down and on comes David Bowie, (the tribute). He was wearing a tight, white suit, including the classic white boots Bowie would wear.

They started with 'Five Years' just like Bowie did on the tributed album 'The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars'.

The Set-list was...
Five Years
The Man Who Sold The World
Oh You Pretty Things
Moonage Daydream
Starman
John I'm Only Dancing
Acoutisc Track
Supermen
Life On Mars
Star
Drive in Saturday
All The Young Dudes

Then they had an interval to refresh and change costumes...
Then carried on with...

Hang onto Yourself
Ziggy Stardust
Changes
Space Oddity
My Death
Queen Bitch
Lets Spend The Night Together
Suffragette City
Rock 'n' Roll Suicide
Jean Genie
White Light White Heat

Heroes 
Sorrow
Rebel Rebel
Diamond Dogs

It was a packed night! 
After they played 'Suffragette City' the had a little break to say thank you to everyone, now Suffragette City is my favourite David Bowie song, so just the fact that they sang that made my night just that much better! But then it got even better than I could imagine...

During their thanks they had these prizes to give away, this man who'd been to a David Bowie gig in 1972 got a CD signed by Woody Woodmansey, he was speechless, as would I be, but then they said that they had one more prize. 
It was a signed book from none other than Angela Bowie (David ex-wife), this prize was for the best dressed, my friends and I got this prize, we were so excited! It made the gig so much more personal, not only did we see a David Bowie tribute, we got an amazing gift from it too!


This is me and my friends all made up, and ready to go.

At the end of the awesome gig, I wanted to have a picture with the man who'd made our night.... 


Me and Bowie ;)


So all in all it was an awesome night! If 'Aladdinsane' are playing anywhere near you you should go an see them!!

If you have any suggestions for music I shoudl listen to comment below or tweet me :) @LHutchon


Moustacheyousomething.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had an AMAZING time :) loving the face paints!! So is bowie ahead of Juan Zelada?? And ahead of ur celeb crush - Hugh Grant?? We share some music taste...maybe ill let you listen one day...loving the blog moustacheyousomething!! Ps i have a moustache...just saying..

    ReplyDelete