Thursday 7 June 2012

The best support act...

So I have been to see only 4 gigs,
Friendly Fires,
White Lies,
Olly Murs ,
and,
Foster The People

And they all had their own support acts (obviously) and well in this blog I had a suggestion from someone that I should choose the best support act from the gigs I've been to...

So Friendly Fires...
SBTRKT
and
Chad Valley
Now neither of these musicians are really my thing, but as they were at my first gig, then I have a little connection with their music :)

SBTRKT, well I love their masks, and their stage-presence was really good, they knew how to own the stage and they really seemed to enjoy themselves, bouncing around to the beats they were creating. I enjoyed it very much, especially being right at the front.

Chad Valley, he was really good, more dub-step'y than I'd of liked, although he really doesn't stereotypically look like he would have his sort of tunes. When I saw him come on stage I thought, 'oh he looks like my sort of music man' well I was surprised, he's actually quite good, and incredibly skilled with his two mics.

Next, White Lies...
The Chevin
and 
The Duke Spirit
I really liked these to musicians, they are really talented and have really good music.

The Chevin, their epic sounds made me want to hear more, so after I'd seen them I liked them on facebook, followed them on twitter and had got one of their songs off of youtube, it was all very easy. I like their music, it was seriously good live! 

Duke Spirit, I liked them, it was nice to have a woman's voice being the support act, if I could hear it over the men behind me shouting 'You're fit'. But I liked her music very much so. She seemed to have fun up on the stage with her band and she really owned the stage.

Olly Murs...
Lilygreen and Maguire
and
Lonsdale Boys Club 
These two acts are just brilliant!

Lilygreen and Maguire did really good songs, my favourite was the massive collaboration of all sorts of songs, they were really nice down to earth people, 2 guys with their guitars.

Lonsdale Boys Club, I knew about them before I went to the gig, I knew pretty much all of their songs, so turning up to the gig and finding out they were there was just an amazing feeling, they are good looking chaps, and great musicians!

Now finally 
Foster The People...
Mini Mansions
and
We Barbarians
I like one more than the other...

Mini Mansions are well not really my thing at all, but my favourite one was their cover of Blondie's Heart Of Glass, it was really slow and different, they did it really well, it was a crowd pleaser.

We Barbarians on the other hand, were really good! I enjoyed them very much so! And being at the very front of the crowd I could near enough touch them, their music was different but brilliant.

So now for my decision, who's the best? 
Well to me my favourite, the one I can't get out of my head, that I can't go a day without listening to...

Lonsdale Boys Club, they were so good! I just loved seeing them, I'd do anything and everything to see them again!

So if you have any suggestions on what my next blog should be on, comment or tweet me :).

Moustacheyousomthing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment